prologe.press is a platform that inverts the classical flow of content creation. Readers crowdsource call for articles and can have a stake in the articles' success.
We're building prologe.press to improve the lives of both readers & writers.
Readers deserve more nuanced information sources, not the monolithic thinking that is offered by traditional newspapers. Readers deserve to get a stake in the content's success if they participate in its funding.
Writers deserve fair compensation & protection. Today, many writers are afraid to share their opinions online for fear of prosecution. And, if you're a small unknown writer, making money out of your writing is downright impossible.
- we protect writers by allowing to fund pseudonymous contributors
- we compensate fairly by having readers fund & demand articles, not looking at the writer's credentials
- we enable the creation of more nuanced information sources by using censorship-resistant technology
- we allow readers to get a stake in the content's success by owning a share of the funded content
All of this wasn't possible a few years ago. But today the idea is ripe because of two main reasons:
- Newspapers on both sides of the aisle have been radicalized, leaving people hungry for more nuanced information.
- Decentralized Autonomous Organizations have normalized pseudonymous funding in the crypto community, and we think this is just the beginning.